Qualifications / Income Limits
Need for housing
There Must Be A Demonstrated Need In Order To Qualify For A Habitat Home.
- Structural problems in the home?
- Inadequate sleeping arrangements?
- Unsanitary conditions or health risks?
- Temporary or transitional housing?
- Current housing does not meet needs?
- Unable to obtain a mortgage from a bank?
Ability to pay
A family must have the ability to pay their interest free monthly mortgage payment.
APPLICANTS MUST HAVE…
- a steady, reliable source of income and demonstrate financial responsibility.
- the ability to pay a monthly house payment
- the ability to pay monthly utility bills.
- no recent bankruptcies within the past 2 years.
- no liens or judgments on their credit.
- no outstanding collections that cannot be paid down by the completion of the home build.
Willingness to partner
Families must be willing to partner and follow the guidelines of the Habitat program.
- Help on their home and other’s home called “sweat equity”.
- Attend home buyer education classes.
- Willing to avoid new debt in process.
- Make house payment in a timely manner and maintain the home.
- Make down payment and start-up utility fees.
- Communicate with Habitat staff by answering calls, texts, and emails in a timely manner.